Hints to snag that lucrative job,even if you've been recently retrenched!
Before the interview:
- Practice your oral communication skills in front of the mirror.
- Carry your self with confidence.
- acquaint your self to the usual do's and don't when having an interview- dress appropriately, be direct but polite.
During the interview:
- When the topic of retrenchment comes up, honesty is the best policy.
- Know that retrenchment is not your fault.This is the safest reason there is so that you can speak with ease.
- Don't gloss over the dirty detail. You can say that your contract wasn't renewed, you thought about a change of career etc.
The whole process may test your patience and perseverance as in all is setbacks, time is the key to getting over one's retrenchment and going back to the job market.
One has to just hang on there....